the history of our family business

 

1904 - 1906

the start of the callebert firm, by jeroom callebert (1st generation) in glass and porcelain
in the belgian city of roeselare (architect: huub hoste)

during construction in 1906


 

1934

ferdinand callebert (2nd generation) takes over the bussiness


 

1948

opening of the callebert shop (luxury tableware and gifts) on the market square (on the corner of wollestraat and breydelstraat)
mostly classic with belgian brands like: val-saint-lambert (crystal), boch frères (ceramics) and baudour (porselain)




 

1958

renewed shop in roeselare (architects: chr. vanderplaetse and w. steenhoudt)
slowly some foreign brands come in: lalique, daum, baccarat (crystal), limoges (porselain), christofle (cutlery)




 

1965

opening, under ferdinand callebert (3rd generation) of "studio callebert", designer goods in bruges, vlamingstraat
transition and complete change to design objects and tableware, in particular from scandinavia and italy


image: vrt (belgian television)


 

1995

expansion by lien callebert (4th generation) to the coast in knokke-zoute




 

1998

expansion to a new building at wollestraat 25, bruges




 

2002

opening of design gallery art o nivo at level 1

 



 

2005

expansion with shop "callebert kids from 0 to 99" in bruges

 


 

2006

new furniture department in bruges



 

2007

complete renovation of shop in knokke




 

today

lien callebert (bruges) and laurent de moor (knokke) are at your service



Newsletter